“Nabeel Yousef . . . excel[s] at sanctions and export controls matters”
Nabeel focuses his practice on compliance, internal investigations, and enforcement issues related to economic sanctions, export controls, customs, antibribery, and white collar matters.
Nabeel counsels and represents clients on a variety of issues related to the sanctions regulations administered by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), US customs law and import regulations, and other civil and criminal statutes and regulations.
Nabeel is a member of our global sanctions and trade group.
He also speaks Arabic.back to tab navigation
- Advising a major international financial institution on compliance with Iran sanctions related to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), including obtaining guidance from the US Treasury and State Departments.
- Conducting an internal investigation and preparing a voluntary disclosure for a major international manufacturer relating to violations of US sanctions on Syria.
- Advising several major multinational corporations in the manufacturing, transportation, energy, financial, hospitality and entertainment sectors relating to the application of US sanctions, particularly those that concern Cuba, Iran, Russia and Syria.
- Counseling a major international aerospace company on regulatory compliance and conducting over a dozen global internal investigations that resulted in voluntary disclosures with respect to exports of goods and technologies controlled under the ITAR and EAR.
- Assisting a major US-based technology company on global compliance audits, regulatory counseling and internal investigations relating to exports of goods and technologies controlled under the ITAR and EAR.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, editor-in-chief of the Journal of Constitutional Law.
- BS, magna cum laude, Georgetown University.
Washington, DC700 13th Street, NW, 10th floor
Washington, DC 20005-3960
T +1 202 777 4563
F +1 202 507 5963 email@example.com