About Elisabeth Weber
Elisabeth represents clients in complex commercial and financial disputes. She has extensive experience resolving multijurisdictional disputes and has acted on several of Germany's landmark litigation cases.
Her practice focuses on advising major international corporations and financial institutions in both national and cross-border disputes. Having handled various high-profile litigation mandates enables her to deliver effective solutions for clients on litigation strategies. Clients particularly value her hands-on approach and rely on her expertise in their most complex matters.
Elisabeth co-heads our global class and collective actions group. She has built a significant track record in advising on large-scale international and national mass claims and has gained vast experience in handling the strategic and technical challenges of mass claim and collective action cases.
Elisabeth is based in our Munich office. She speaks German and English.
- Acting for a major automobile manufacturer on its global defence against customer claims.
- Advising a global leader in online gambling in mass claims brought by players seeking repayment of their gambling losses before German courts.
- Defending an international insurance company on mass claims of policyholders.
- Advising an international payments service provider with regards to its mass claims defence strategy.
- Defending a major international bank in litigation proceedings relating to several complex swap transactions.
- Acting for banks in litigation proceedings arising in connection with the issuance of hybrid capital instruments.
- Defending a German bank in litigation proceedings in relation to AT1 bonds.
- Advising several clients in post-M&A disputes.
- University of Konstanz, Germany
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (LLM)
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at Frankfurt Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht), including time in Freshfields’ Frankfurt office
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany