About Samantha Trevan
Sam works within our commercial disputes group, advising a broad range of clients on their commercial disputes.
She has considerable experience in complex, high-value, cross-border litigation and one of her specialist areas is in fraud and asset tracing.
Sam is also involved in multijurisdictional investigations involving regulators in the UK and overseas, as well as acting for the 'big four' accountancy firms on practice protection matters.
She is also a part of Freshfields’ Caribbean and Offshore StrongerTogether network, having previously spent two years litigating in the Cayman Islands.
- Advising an oil trading group in multimillion dollar fraud proceedings brought against its former senior management and associated individuals and entities.
- Advising one of the ‘big four’ accounting firms on practice protection matters in connection with investigations by regulatory authorities.
- Advising the liquidators of insolvent companies associated with Maan Al Sanea in the multibillion dollar fraud proceedings brought against him in the Cayman Islands by the Algosaibi family.
- Advising a Chinese-owned mining company on its defence of a group action brought by protestors in Peru.
- Oxford University, UK
- BPP Law School, London, UK
- Solicitor, England and Wales