“a leading lawyer in New York for Bankruptcy / Restructuring”
Scott is a restructuring and insolvency partner in our global transactions group.
Scott has practiced in the areas of bankruptcy, finance and commercial litigation for more than 25 years. Scott focuses on creditors’ rights, commercial litigation and secured and unsecured lending transactions, with particular emphasis on restructuring and bankruptcy issues.
He has represented creditors in both state and federal court proceedings, including actions to collect outstanding debt, enforce and foreclose upon collateral, and to seize collateral at the outset of a proceeding. Scott has represented syndicate agents, ad hoc lender groups and individual lenders in secured and unsecured transactions, participants in leveraged lease structures, commercial landlords, official creditors’ committees and Chapter 7 trustees.
Scott has been recognized as a leading attorney in Chambers USA. Prior to joining Freshfields, Scott was a member of the bankruptcy & restructuring group at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP focusing on bankruptcy, finance and commercial litigation.back to tab navigation
- Advising the term lenders and syndicate agent in Paragon Offshore, Inc. Chapter 11 proceeding involving total term, revolver and noteholder claims of approximately $2.4bn.
- Advising an ad hoc group of term lenders in the restructuring of a $1.9bn credit facility extended to Arch Coal, Inc.
- Advising the administrative agent for the ABL lenders in the RadioShack Chapter 11 case involving the sale of the collateral, payment in full to the ABL lenders and ensuing intercreditor litigation.
- Advising the syndicate agent and steering committee in the restructuring and ultimate payment in full of a $555m credit facility extended to Preferred Proppants, LLC, a North American mining company.
- Advising multiple financial institutions with over 80 aircraft in leveraged lease transactions and secured loans to American Airlines in the AMR Corporation Chapter 11 case.
- JD, with distinction, Hofstra University School of Law, Benjamin Weintraub and Alan Resnick Bankruptcy Law Prize.
- BA, George Washington University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 277 4000
F +1 212 277 4001 email@example.com
a leading lawyer in New York for Bankruptcy / Restructuring