About Justina Sessions
Justina (Tina) is a partner in our antitrust, competition and trade practice, based in Silicon Valley. Tina is a general litigator who specializes in highly complex matters in the technology industry. Tina has tried cases and handled evidentiary hearings, appeals, and administrative trials in courts and agencies across the country. She works with clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies to help them navigate, negotiate, and win business-critical disputes with competitors and enforcement authorities.
Tina maintains an active pro bono practice and has represented individuals, organizations, and classes in civil rights, women’s health, and environmental impact litigation.
Tina’s experience includes advising:
- A major tech platform in government and private class action antitrust cases alleging monopolization of multiple alleged markets.
- A major semiconductor company in government and private class action antitrust cases challenging their business model. Tina was a key member of the trial and appellate teams that obtained a complete victory against the FTC in the Ninth Circuit.
- An automaker OEM in its efforts to recover damages from one of the largest antitrust cartel matters ever investigated.
- Google and Lucasfilm in an antitrust class action that alleged defendants agreed not to poach each other’s employees.
- A network security company in district court and Patent Trials and Appeals Board proceedings involving over a dozen patents and a business-threatening demand for injunctive relief.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- B.A., Yale University
- Recognized in the Daily Journal's list of the “Top 40 Under 40” for 2022
- Named in the Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America for 2022
- Recognized in Daily Journal’s “Top Antitrust Lawyers” for 2021
- Recognized in Global Competition Review's 2021 edition of Women in Antitrust
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by Law360 in 2019
- Included in Super Lawyers’ list of Rising Stars in 2016-2020
- Named to Benchmark Litigation’s “Hot List” in 2019 and 2020
- Admitted to practice in California
- Hon. Claire V. Eagan, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Hon. Mary Beck Briscoe, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- Prior to joining Freshfields, Tina was a partner at one of the country’s premier trial boutiques and a large California-based firm