About Chaim Seligman
Located in Israel, Chaim is committed to building new relationships with Israeli clients and strengthening those which already exist, while advising on a variety of matters. With a passion for innovation, he currently leads our Tel Aviv office’s tech initiative.
Chaim brings his background in Private and Public International Law, International Relations and Mediation to the team, enabling him to better serve our clients on cross-border transactions and dispute resolution. Before joining the Freshfields family, Chaim served in the IDF, volunteered as a first responder on the national ambulance core, and worked in the Department of International Affairs of the State Attorney’s Office.
Chaim received his law degree from Bar-Ilan University where he served as a research assistant to a top professor in the field of Public International Law.
Chaim speaks English and Hebrew.
- Advising East Mediterranean Gas on the successful defense of claims in an ICC arbitration totaling more than $400m brought by Israeli offtake customer ORL for alleged failure to deliver, with damages issues including the state of the Israeli domestic gas market.
- Advising Noble Energy on a variety of corporate, regulatory and dispute matters.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund on a large-scale cross-border acquisition in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Advising an energy and infrastructure company on cross-border solar energy and water projects and an accompanying tri-lateral governmental MoU.
- Advising an aerospace and defense company on a potential dispute with another aerospace company jointly executing a government procurement contract.
- Advising an Israeli pharmaceutical company on a pre-arbitration dispute with its international supplier.
- Advising IsraAID on the structuring and nature of its relationship with individual offices around the globe. (Pro bono)
- Advising a government agency on the formulation of a bi-lateral treaty.
- Advising an international infrastructure and construction company on a CCJA arbitration brought against it by a government majority-owned subsidiary in Africa.
- Advising an Eastern European telecommunications company on aspects of an LCIA arbitration involving shareholder rights.
- Presenting in a webinar to an Oil & Gas major on the topic of privilege and inadmissibility across jurisdictions.
- Advising a government office on assorted Private International Law matters.
- Actively managing the firm’s activities vis-à-vis a number of Israeli companies, in a variety of sectors including: technology, consumer, financials and more.