About Dr. Konrad Schott
Konrad specialises in banking and finance law – in particular, asset and project finance, including aircraft finance and leasing and structured investments.
His recent work includes: Restructruings, M&A transactions and financings in the aviation sector; rolling stock and cross border lease financings; structured investment products and closed end funds. Konrad has a special focus on transactions in the aviation industry and other transport industries. As part of his general finance practice he advises on financial product insolvency issues.
Konrad speaks German and English.
- Advising Deutsche Lufthansa on more than 100 aircraft financings and leases.
- Advising Malaysia Airlines Group in its restructuring in 2020 and 2021.
- Advising gategroup in the acquisition of LSG Europe from Lufthansa.
- Advising Air Berlin for many years and in Air Berlin's insolvency proceedings, including the sale of parts of the business.
- Advising DAL on a number of rolling stock financings.
- Advising DZ Bank and DVB Bank on the sale of DVB's aviation and rail financing businesses.
- Advising a private equity investor on unwinding 20 closed-ended funds with more than 2000 investors.
- Advising a Middle-East airline on the financing of associated airlines.
- Advising a group of minority investors on the exit from a power plant project with a volume of €2.4bn.
- Advising DB Cargo on a traction capacity agreement involving 200 locomotives.
- University of Gießen, Germany, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Doctor of Laws degree, University of Frankfurt/Main
- Rechtsanwalt, Deutschland