Sean is a member of our dispute resolution group. He advises clients in complex commercial litigation and contentious regulatory matters.
Sean regularly acts for leading financial services institutions and FTSE 100 companies in multi-jurisdictional litigation and regulatory enforcement action.
During his time at Freshfields, Sean has been seconded to the litigation team of a leading global investment bank.
Sean is a solicitor-advocate accredited with higher rights of audience in the civil courts of England & Wales.back to tab navigation
Sean’s recent experience includes:
- Advising leading financial services institutions and FTSE 100 companies on regulatory action brought in relation to market abuse and corporate governance matters.
- Acting for a global investment bank in High Court litigation concerning the suitability of sales of investment products.
- Acting for an international bank in the successful defence of High Court proceedings brought under the 'unfair relationships' provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Acting pro bono for a victim of human trafficking in long-running court proceedings to enforce a judgment debt, and in defending the client’s interests in bankruptcy action against the debtor.
- Advising an independent international investment firm on its response to a malicious cyber-attack, including litigation risk and engagement with regulatory authorities.
- Acting for a global investment bank in a complex juridisctional dispute in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- University of Oxford, UK (MPhil)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (BA)
- Solicitor-advocate, Higher Courts (Civil), England & Wales