About Sean Pitt
Sean is a Senior Associate in our dispute resolution group. He advises clients in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation and contentious regulatory matters.
During his time at Freshfields, Sean has been seconded to the litigation team of a leading global investment bank.
Sean is a solicitor-advocate accredited with higher rights of audience in the civil courts of England & Wales.
Sean’s recent experience includes:
- Lead associate successfully representing WEX Inc. in a landmark dispute in the Commercial Court arising from the COVID-19 pandemic over the interpretation of an MAE clause (Travelport Ltd & Ors v WEX Inc.; Olding & Ors v WEX Inc.).
- Acting for BGEO Group Limited in the successful strike out of Commercial Court proceedings brought by Mr Roman Pipia for ca. $300 million in damages (Mr Roman Pipia v BGEO Group Ltd).
- Acting for a global investment bank in Commercial Court and other proceedings concerning the suitability of sales of investment products.
- Acting for an international bank in the successful defence of High Court proceedings brought under the 'unfair relationships' provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Advising an independent international investment firm on its response to a malicious cyber-attack, including litigation risk and engagement with European regulatory authorities.
- Advising leading financial services institutions and FTSE 100 companies in respect of regulatory action brought by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to market abuse and corporate governance matters.
- University of Oxford, UK (MPhil)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (BA)
- Solicitor-advocate, Higher Courts (Civil), England & Wales