About Tahleel Lateef
Tahleel Lateef is a senior associate based in Freshfields’ London office. Tahleel has a broad practice, advising on contentious and regulatory issues, including both commercial disputes and internal and external investigations.
Tahleel has significant experience advising clients in commercial litigation having advised clients in disputes before the High Court, Supreme Court, Court of Justice of the EU and also in commercial arbitration, and has advised clients before the criminal court.
Tahleel specialises in advising clients on global compliance advisory matters, policies and procedures, with particular expertise in financial sanctions, trade sanctions, counter-terrorism financing and anti-money laundering.
Tahleel’s recent experience includes:
- acting for a global FinTech in Commercial Court proceedings concerning the interpretation of a Material Adverse Effect clause in the context of a share purchase agreement (Travelport Ltd v Wex Inc  EWHC 2670 (Comm));
- acting for a global tech company in defending an urgent injunction proceeding in the Court of Turin and related English Commercial Court proceedings;
- acting for a luxury goods manufacturer in the context of POCA confiscation proceedings; and
- advising several global clients in the context of Russia sanctions.
- LLM with specialism in Islamic law and finance, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- BA (Hons) Law, Selwyn College, University of Cambridge
- Prior to joining Freshfields, Tahleel spent a year at the Law Commission, Commercial and Common Law team, as a Research Assistant, working on the Insurance Contract and the Third Parties Rights Against Insurers law reform projects
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales