About Jonathan Kelly
Jonathan is a senior associate and solicitor-advocate based in Freshfields' London office. His broad practice involves advising on contentious situations arising during and immediately after transactions, advising on compliance issues including international sanctions, and acting for clients in litigation and arbitration in commercial and civil fraud disputes
Jonathan previously served as a judicial assistant in the Chancery Division of the High Court and his litigation experience includes acting in complex and high-value cases before the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and the Court of Justice of the EU. Jonathan has also coordinated and provided strategic advice in relation to parallel litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Previously seconded to the Freshfields arbitration team in Paris, Jonathan also has experience of commercial arbitration and arbitration-related litigation in the English courts.
Jonathan regularly works through French and also has a working knowledge of Spanish.
- BCL, Brasenose College, University of Oxford (Distinction)
- LLB (Law and French), Trinity College Dublin (1st in class)
- Erasmus programme, University of Strasbourg
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales
- Commercial Litigation Association
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association