About Harriet Hanks (née Perry)
Harriet is a counsel in our London disputes practice.
Harriet handles complex, high profile commercial disputes and product liability and healthcare-related contentious and regulatory matters, often with a cross border element. Harriet also focusses on non-contentious risk management and advisory work, including regulatory advice and investigations. Harriet has extensive experience in UK High Court litigation as well as in coordinating multi-jurisdictional litigation.
Harriet speaks French and English.
- Advising a global healthcare company on cross border product liability and negligence claims
- Advising a large pharmaceutical company on a series of complex contractual disputes following a merger
- Advising a global life sciences company on major product liability and negligence healthcare cost recovery and class action claims
- Advising on a complex High Court dispute for a state-owned bank
- Advising on regulatory investigations in the consumer, retail and energy sectors for a number of listed clients
- Arbitration in the energy sector relating to electricity / gas offtake contracts
- Harriet has also completed a secondment to a global healthcare company
- University of Oxford (Law) First Class
- BPP Law School, London (LPC) Distinction
- Nottingham Trent University (LLM in Environmental, Product Liability and International Law) Distinction
Higher Rights Advocate