Sarah’s practice focuses on advising private and public companies on an array of executive compensation, employee benefits and corporate governance matters throughout the corporate lifecycle, including establishing equity and cash-based incentive programs; providing analysis of tax implications with respect to tender offers and other liquidity programs; negotiation of executive employment agreements, change in control plans and severance agreements; structuring of equity compensation terms and employee retention matters in M&A, including analysis of potential tax liabilities under Section 280G; and advising clients on executive compensation and equity plan disclosures in connection with IPOs and subsequent SEC filings.
Sarah’s recent experience includes advising:
- Google on numerous matters, including its acquisitions of Global Weather Corporation and Dysonics.
- TriNet on its acquisition of Zenefits and $316m modified Dutch auction tender offer.
- Zymergen on its $575m IPO and listing on Nasdaq as a public benefit corporation, and on its acquisition of Lodo Therapeutics.
- Agilent Technologies on numerous matters, including its acquisition of Resolution Bioscience.
- Rayner Surgical on its acquisition of OMIDRIA from Omeros in a transaction valued in excess of $1bn.
- Saint-Gobain on its $2.3bn acquisition of GCP Applied Materials.
- Coupa Software, Stanley Black & Decker, TriNet and Zymergen in connection with ongoing executive compensation, benefits and corporate governance advice.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- J.D., 2013
- University of Hong Kong
- LL.M., 2013
- University of Southern California
- B.A., 2010
Silicon Valley855 Main Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
T +1 650 618 9281