About Mark Egeler
Mark is experienced in data and cyber regulatory and litigation matters. He has particular expertise in the TMT, life sciences, and financial services sectors.
Mark represents clients in contentious matters before the Dutch courts and supports clients during internal or regulatory investigations. Mark has experience in guiding and advising clients during investigations conducted by various European (and non-European) data protection regulators and other regulatory bodies. He also advises on various aspects of data/cyber regulatory compliance, such as new product launches, global data breaches, and in data-heavy M&A.
Mark is also a teacher at the VU University of Amsterdam, where he is a thesis supervisor and lectures on litigation and data protection. Mark is also co-author of the Kluwer Cyber Law Encyclopedia series for the Netherlands and has contributed to several publications on topics such as (data protection) class actions and emerging (tech regulatory) legislation. He is also a regular speaker at various conferences in Amsterdam and Brussels, such as the Benelux IDC Risk and Security conference.
- Representing a global platform technology company on a pending collective action for alleged breaches of data protection obligations.
- Advising a global travel company in relation to various compliance matters and regulatory inquiries.
- Advising a global TMT company during various regulatory inquiries and investigations.
- Advising a global data analytics company in relation to an internal audit and compliance investigation.
- Representing a global technology company before the Dutch court in a dispute relating to wireless technology.
- Advising various companies during global cyber crises and the subsequent regulatory inquiries.
- Advising Talpa Network (known for formats such as the Voice® and Big Brother®) on the proposed merger with RTL Netherlands.
- Advising Universal Music Group on its separation from Vivendi SE and the listing of its share capital on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Advising 1&1 Drillish on setting up the most modern 5G network in Germany
- Representing a global pharmaceutical company in preliminary injunction proceedings before the Dutch court and obtaining an injunction in 26 Member States.
- Advocaat, the Netherlands
- Teacher and thesis supervisor at the VU University Amsterdam. Guest lecturer at the University of Amsterdam and the University of Freiburg.
- Association for Privacy Law - Vereniging Privacy Recht
- AIPPI – International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Graduated cum laude at the VU University Amsterdam