About Kate Collister
Kate is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution practice in London.
Kate specialises in complex group actions with a focus on environmental, human rights-related and product liability disputes. Kate also provides advice to companies on climate change litigation risks.
- Defending Volkswagen in High Court group litigation and related regulatory proceedings in respect of alleged misrepresentations and prohibited practices regarding its vehicles.
- Acting for an energy company on the successful defence of a complaint to the UK NCP relating to alleged breaches of the OECD guidelines concerning the environment and consumer interests.
- Successfully defending one of the world's largest energy companies in High Court litigation proceedings brought by a group of Colombian landowners, claiming for environmental damage to their properties allegedly caused by the construction of an oil pipeline.
- Advising a multinational oil company and a number of its subsidiaries in High Court litigation proceedings, in respect of alleged human rights violations allegedly committed by Colombian military and paramilitary forces in the mid-1990s to early 2000s.
- Advising a medical devices manufacturer on the defence of global product liability actions in respect of certain of its products.
BPP Law School - Legal Practice Court (LPC)
BPP Law School - Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)
Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge - First Class BA (Hons), History