Stephanie advises clients in connection with US economic sanctions, export and defense trade controls, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and US anti-money laundering law.
Her experience also includes cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital and general corporate governance.
Stephanie earned her JD at the New York University School of Law where she was an editor of the Journal of International Law and Politics. She received her BA, magna cum laude, from Yale University. She is currently a Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Export Controls and Economic Sanctions Committee of the Section of International Law and an active member of the OFAC Practitioners Group.
Stephanie speaks English, French and Italian.back to tab navigation
- Advising private equity and investment firms on compliance with sanctions, export controls, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering rules in connection with acquisitions and investments, including developing and rolling out compliance programs and disclosing breaches to government regulators;
- Advising major telecommunications companies and mobile network operators on the impact of US export controls restrictions and technology controls on global operations;
- Advising BASF and Wintershall on sanctions compliance issues arising out of transactions, assets and business around the world;
- Counseling a European-based, multinational automotive company on the applicability of and compliance with US economic sanctions and export controls in its worldwide business activities;
- Advising US and international airlines, aircraft manufacturers, and aircraft financing and leasing companies on anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, export controls and sanctions issues related to the sale, operation, financing and leasing of aircraft; and
- Advising a major multinational manufacturing firm on the terms of its deferred prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice, entered into as part of a settlement of corruption-related charges, including advice on anti-corruption compliance standards for companies in which the firm invested; and
- Advising multinational petrochemical, oilfield services and manufacturing companies on the application of US sanctions and export controls in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, foreign investments and joint ventures, including due diligence, compliance procedures and advice related to business operations.
- JD, New York University School of Law
- MA, Text and Performance Studies, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and King’s College London
- BA, Comparative Literature, magna cum laude, Yale University
- Admitted to practise in the State of New York
- Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Export Controls and Economic Sanctions Committee of the Section of International Law
New York601 Lexington Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10022
T +1 212 284 4996
F +1 646 521 5796