About Anthea Bowater
Anthea is a senior associate in our dispute resolution practice and a member of the financial institutions disputes group.
She advises on a wide range of complex commercial and financial disputes, and on contentious regulatory matters. Her clients include leading financial institutions and multinationals.
She has expertise in sustainable finance, including in relation to ESG-related regulation and disputes, and has recently spent time on secondment in the Litigation and Regulatory team at Goldman Sachs.
- Advising various global financial institutions in relation to climate litigation risks and in relation to TCFD reports.
- Advising a global corporate in relation to a sophisticated cyber attack and obtaining a worldwide freezing order against the persons involved.
- Advising various global banks on proceedings relating to the sale of derivatives, including in relation to issues of capacity and allegations of mis-selling.
- Advising on proceedings in the English High Court challenging the exercise of administrators’ investigatory powers, including in relation to matters of extra-territoriality.
- Advising a major international investment bank in relation to proceedings brought in the English High Court against a financial institution by its shareholders.
- Advising a Russian banker in an arbitration relating to a dispute about the acquisition of an eastern European bank.
- Advising a major multinational in relation to complex and high value ICC arbitration proceedings.
- Advising a global bank in relation to obtaining and defending various interim injunctions, including obtaining an injunction restraining the publication of confidential information and defending an injunction requiring the ongoing provision of banking services in circumstances where the bank wished to terminate the customer relationship.
Anthea is qualified in both England & Wales and in New Zealand.