About Marissa Yu
Marissa is an intellectual property senior associate based in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Her practice focuses on intellectual property-related transactions, with an emphasis on public and private cross-border mergers and acquisitions, licensing, strategic partnerships, and emerging technologies.
Marissa co-authored, “Xerox/Fuji-Memeograph to the Board: Don’t Copy This” in the June 2018 of The M&A Lawyer, for which she received the Law360 Distinguished Legal Writing Award.
Marissa is admitted to practice in New York and California and was previously based in the firm’s New York office.
- BorgWarner on the commercial agreements (contract manufacturing, supply and services) related to the carve-out of its Fuel Systems and Aftermarket units.
- Sonoco on its acquisition of the remaining equity interest in its joint venture with the WestRock Company, RTS Packaging, and one paper mill for $330 million.
- StepStone GmbH / Appcast, Inc, on their acquisition of Bayard Advertising Agency, Inc.
- Volkswagen on its investment in and related collaboration and development arrangements with QuantumScape; and on the sale of its autonomous driving unit to Argo AI and entry into a joint venture with Ford covering the development, license and use of autonomous vehicle systems.
- Agilent on its sale of Resolution Bioscience to Exact Sciences Corporation.
- eBay on its acquisitions of Certilogo and TCGplayer.
- Aristocrat Leisure on its $1.2bn acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Neogames.
- Alpha Dhabi on its acquisition of a 25% stake in Gordon Technologies.
- AeroClean Technologies, Inc in connection with its all-stock merger with Molekule, Inc.
- ServiceNow on its acquisition of Era Software, Inc.
- TriNet on its acquisition of Clarus R+D Solutions.
- Carlotz on its sale to Shift Technologies.
- TriNet on its acquisition of Zenefits from Francisco Partners.
- Beiersdorf on its acquisition of premier beauty and skin care brand, Chantecaille.
- Saint-Gobain on its $2.3bn acquisition of GCP Applied Technologies.
- Sitel Group on its $2.2bn take-private of Sykes Enterprises.
- Sandvik on its acquisition of DWFritz Automation.
- Honeywell on the combination of Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum Computing and acquisition of a majority stake in the combined company.
- Siemens on its $700m acquisition of Supplyframe.
- Zymergen on its IPO, conversion to a public benefit corporation and other corporate law matters.
- AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Google on its $4.5bn transaction with Jio Platforms.
- Royal Caribbean Group on the all-cash carve-out of its Azamara cruise line to Sycamore Partners, including its three-ship fleet and associated intellectual property.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise on its $925m acquisition of Silver Peak, the leading software-defined wide area networks company.
- One Equity Partners on its acquisition of Spartonics, Sparton Corporation's manufacturing and design business.
- Goldfinch Partners on its acquisition of Vesta, a fintech pioneer in fully guaranteed payment and fraud protection technologies.
- CVC Capital Partners on its $1.375bn acquisition of Ontic, a leading provider of OEM-licensed parts for legacy aerospace platforms, from BBA Aviation.
- Volkswagen AG on its $2.6bn investment in Argo AI, an autonomous vehicle technology company.
- Novartis AG on its $5.3bn acquisition of Xiidra from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company.
- Beiersdorf AG on its $550m acquisition of the Coppertone business from Bayer AG.
- Verisk on the acquisition of SAP’s Content as a Service (CaaS) business and a strategic partnership with SAP to co-develop product compliance solutions.
- Continental AG on its $266m acquisition of Cooper-Standard Automotive Inc.’s anti-vibration systems business.
- Starbucks Corporation on its $7.15bn global coffee alliance with Nestlé.
- JD, Harvard Law School, cum laude.
- MPhil, University of Cambridge.
- BA, Cornell University, Phi Beta Kappa.
- New York