About Claire Wills
Claire is a corporate partner in our London office.
Claire combines M&A advice with strategic advice to a number of our key clients on activism, governance and crisis and risk management. Claire's ability to lead a team delivering complex mandates is particularly valued.
Claire became a partner in May 2001. She has served in many senior roles at the firm including co-chairing our partner recommendation committee, leading our global financial institutions sector group and, most recently, as London managing partner.
- Advising J.P. Morgan on its acquisitions of Nutmeg, Global Shares and its stake in Viva Wallet.
- Advising Aberdeen Asset Management on its all-share merger with Standard Life.
- Advising HSBC on Saudi British Bank’s merger with Alawwal Bank and on a number of non-core disposals including part of its Cayman banking business to Butterfield Bank.
- Advising Barclays on its acquisition of Standard Life Bank, Goldfish Credit Card and on its disposal of Barclays Bank Russia and other non-core disposals (including Barclays Wealth disposal of its offshore trust and fiduciary business).
- Advising ReAssure on their acquisition of the mature savings business of Legal & General.
- Advising Prudential UK on the sale of its joint venture stake in the health and protection business to Discovery.
- Advising Tesco on a number of acquisitions and disposals, including its takeover of Booker, its disposal of its Thai business and its Korea business, the carve-out of Tesco Bank from RBS and the carve-out of Tesco Insurance to create Tesco Insurance.