About Dr. Jan-Philip Wilde
Jan-Philip is a member of the finance practice in our global transactions group. He specialises in the area of restructuring and insolvency.
Jan-Philip advises corporates and lenders in the context of out-of court and in-court financial restructurings, refinancings as well as distressed situations. Jan-Philip has a special focus on cross-border and multinational situations with complex capital structures including various types of financial instruments.
During his time at Freshfields, Jan-Philip has been seconded to a financial institution in New York as well as the New York office of Freshfields.
Jan-Philip speaks German and English.
- Advising Advent International on the acquisition of a German shipping group;
- Advising HSH Nordbank AG on the successful restructuring of its largest single distressed loan exposure;
- Advising Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG in the context of its insolvency filing;
- Advising Marenave Schifffahrts AG in the context of its successful out-of-court restructuring;
- Advising Hanjin Shipping (former seventh-largest container shipping company) in its out-of court restructuring attempt;
- Advising H.C. Starck Group (global technology metals business) on its restructuring and amend and extend of its credit facilities;
- Advising Texas Pacific Group on its potential acquisition of the loans of a German based group of companies in financial distress;
- Advising BlueBay Asset Management as lender of a German based group of companies in its restructuring;
- Advising IVG Immobilien AG on its financial restructuring by way of an insolvency plan, arguably the biggest insolvency plan in Germany by value.
- Legal studies at Bucerius Law School (Bachelor of Laws; First State Examination), Hamburg, Germany
- Term abroad at University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin, Germany
- Bucerius Law School (Doctorate in Law), Hamburg, Germany
- University of Cambridge (Master of Laws), England
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Hamburg Bar Association