About Dr. Carsten Wendler
Carsten works in our international arbitration group, and acts in both commercial and investment treaty arbitration proceedings, with a focus on Europe and Latin America.
Carsten has acted for corporate clients, public entities and states in numerous high profile commercial and investment treaty arbitration proceedings under ICC, DIS, ICSID and ICSID Additional Facility. He is also member of our Latin American international arbitration group and conducts proceedings in English, Spanish and German.
Carsten currently represents multinational companies and financial institutions in the energy and telecommunications sectors. He is also author of numerous articles on international arbitration.
Carsten speaks German, English and Spanish.
- University of Passau and University of Bonn, Germany (German law studies)
- Universidad Complutense Madrid, Spain (Public international law and European law)
- New York University, US (LLM in international legal studies)
- UC Berkeley, School of Law (visiting scholar)
- Lauterpacht Centre for international Law, University of Cambridge (visiting scholar)
- International Investment Law Centre, Cologne, Germany (Dr iur, with distinction - summa cum laude)
- Admitted to practise in Germany (Rechtsanwalt) and New York, US (attorney-at-law)