About Dr. Johannes Vogel
Johannes focuses on asset-finance transactions, aviation, and restructuring and insolvency.
He has broad range of finance experience, with a particular focus on cross-border asset finance and leasing structures. Also, Johannes advises on financings, M&A transactions and restructurings in the transportation and aviation industry. And in addition, Johannes has a specific focus on German and international insolvency law aspects mainly involving German-regulated financial institutions.
Johannes speaks English and German.
- Advising a German investment manager on sale and lease-back transactions for 3 new Airbus A220 aircraft with Air Baltic with Balthazar-backed debt financings
- Advising an international aircraft lessor in the restructuring of Garuda Indonesia
- Advising an aviation asset secured lender consortium in the financial restructuring of Virgin Atlantic
- Advising Malaysia Airlines on its global financial restructuring, in particular on the restructuring of its aircraft lease agreements
- Advising a Swiss corporate on the acquisition of a European airline catering business
- Advising a German independent investment manager on a series of debt-financed aircraft sale and lease-back transactions with airlines around the globe
- Advising a German airline on a variety of aviation-related financing transactions, such as portfolio refinancings, leasing and sub-leasing transactions, and lessor novations
- Advising a German leasing company on state-subsidised financings of train sets for regional railway operations through leasing and forfaiting constructs
- Advising a German railway undertaking on a bespoke sale and leaseback transaction for used locomotives
- Advising an Irish aircraft lessor on the negotiations with a Chinese airline of sale and leaseback transactions for five Boeing Dreamliners
- Advising a major German fund initiator on an ongoing basis on the unwinding of closed-ended funds
- University of Bayreuth, Germany (Rechtswissenschaften, law; Wirtschaftsjurist; additional diploma of economics)
- University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany