About Silvia Van Dyck
Silvia is an experienced legal advisor in corporate criminal law and its intersection with other legal fields such as corporate law, tax law, social law and human rights.
With her extensive experience in corporate criminal law matters, she protects and assists corporate clients, financial institutions and others against criminal risks, whether by advising on the prevention of criminal risks or assisting clients when a criminal issue occurs, e.g. with regard to anti-money laundering (AML), ultimate beneficial ownership (UBO), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and other corporate crime offences.
Silvia taught criminal law at the University of Leuven and the University of Brussels for more than ten years.
She is the author of "Valsheid in geschriften en gebruik van valse geschriften" ("Forgery in documents and the use of false documents"), a book on forgery and use of forged documents.
Silvia speaks Dutch, French and English.
- University of Leuven, Belgium (master in law, PhD in criminal law)
- University of Brussels, Belgium (advanced master in corporate law)
- Member of the Brussels Bar
- Awarded the Fernand Collin Prize for Law
- Board of editors of Strafrecht Geannoteerd (Criminal Law Code)