About Camille Strosser
Camille is an associate in our international arbitration group and public international law practice, based in Paris.
Camille’s practice focuses on international commercial arbitration, international investment arbitration and public international law. She has represented and advised clients (including States) across a range of sectors under major arbitration rules, including DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, ICC, and ICSID. She has experience in disputes across the construction, oil and gas, and commercial sectors.
Camille is an Avocat à la Cour in Paris and is admitted to practice in New York. She speaks French and English. Before relocating to Paris, Camille worked in Freshfields’ Dubai office.
Camille's experience includes
Public international law and investor-State disputes
- Representing an African State in proceedings before the International Court of Justice against a neighboring State regarding titles determining their territorial and maritime delimitation and sovereignty over islands
- Representing a Middle-Eastern State on the formation of an international organisation
- Acting for individual Egyptian investors in an ICSID arbitration against the State of Kuwait arising out of the development of a real-estate project in Kuwait.
- Acting for a UAE investor in an ICSID arbitration against a Middle Eastern State relating to an investment in the oil & gas sector.
- Assisting an international NGO providing advice to small and developing States on the impact of sea-level rise on statehood under international law
- Representing a South American State in advisory opinion proceedings before the International Court of Justice on whether the decolonisation of Mauritius was lawfully completed under international law
- Acting for UK investor in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of taxation measures imposed by an Asian Sate
Commercial and construction disputes
- Acting for a UAE subcontractor in its dispute against the main contractor in a project for the extension of an oil and gas facility in the UAE.
- Acting for a Dubai-incorporated company in a DIAC arbitration relating to contract claims arising out of a project development agreement of a mixed-use project in Dubai
- Acting for a leading US-headquartered multinational company in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration seated in London relating to contract, tort and competition law claims arising out of distribution agreements in the Middle East
- Advising a multi-national oil company on potential claims arising out of an EPCM contract for the construction of an oil and gas facility in Kazakhstan
- Advising a European energy company on potential liability following the failure of an infrastructure project in Asia
Member of the Paris Bar (Avocat à la Cour)
Admitted to practice in New York
Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in International Business and Economic Law (with distinction)
Leiden University, Master of Laws in Public International Law (cum laude)
Université de Strasbourg, Licence en Droit