Bert is an experienced corporate lawyer and deputy civil law notary.
He advises corporate clients and financial institutions on both public and private M&A, joint ventures and equity capital market transactions. He has a broad experience in all aspects of corporate work, notably complex (multi-jurisdictional) corporate restructurings, primary and secondary equity offerings, public takeovers and private acquisitions and joint ventures.
Bert also advises listed and non-listed companies on company law and corporate governance matters.
As a deputy civil law notary he is perfectly skilled to advise clients on a broad spectrum of corporate law, both in an advisory and transactional context.
Bert speaks Dutch, English and German.back to tab navigation
- Advising NN Group N.V., the leading Dutch insurer, on its legal merger with Delta Lloyd N.V. to complete its €2.5bn public offer for Delta Lloyd
- Advising a number of clients on their IPO’s, including Digi Communications N.V. (Bucharest Stock Exchange), argenx SE (Brussels Stock Exchange and NASDAQ) and Noxxon Pharma N.V. (Euronext Growth)
- Advising NPM Capital, a Dutch investment firm, on the acquisition of Deli Home & Garden from NV Deli Maatschappij
- Advising CNH Industrial N.V. and affiliates on their redomiciliation, cross-border mergers and governance structure – Dutch company structure, dual listings on NYSE and Borsa Italiana and introduction of a loyalty voting structure, the first ever in the Netherlands
- Advising UBS on its European wealth management cross-border merger to form UBS Europe SE
Bert has masters degrees in Dutch notarial law and Dutch tax law from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands with further studies at the Faculty of Law of Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada and Harvard University, US (summer school)back to tab navigation
AmsterdamStrawinskylaan 10 1077 XZ
T +31 20 485 7000
F +31 20 485 7001