About Dirk-Jan Smit
Dirk-Jan is our Amsterdam managing partner.
His practice focuses on complex domestic and cross-border corporate work, both transactional and advisory. He has wide experience in corporate governance, cross-border mergers and split-offs, equity capital market transactions, joint ventures and private equity structures. He combines in-depth knowledge with a pragmatic and problem solving approach.
Dirk-Jan works for a range of listed and unlisted clients, covering a variety of sectors. He is also a corporate civil law notary, which makes him ideally suited to offer those clients the full range of Dutch corporate advice.
He speaks Dutch, English and German and has a basic knowledge of French.
- advising CNH Industrial NV and Iveco Group NV on the split off of Iveco Group NV and subsequent listing on the Milan stock exchange
- advising Universal Music Group NV on its separation from Vivendi and listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- advising Pepco Group NV on its IPO on the Warsaw stock exchange
- advising Allfunds Group plc on its IPO on Euronext Amsterdam
- advising argenx SE on its listing on Nasdaq and subsequent share offerings
- advising NN Group NV on the public offer for Delta Lloyd and subsequent merger
- advising Digi Communications NV, Noxxon Pharma NV, NN Group NV and argenx SE on their respective IPOs
- advising a range of financial institutions on their respective cross-border consolidations
- advising numerous listed companies on corporate governance and MAR related topics
Dirk-Jan studied economics and has a master’s in law from the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, with further studies at Amsterdam University (in association with Columbia University) and Harvard University.