“The "outstanding" Julian Long counts a number of FTSE 100 companies among his enviable client base, who rely upon his "gravitas and quality" in complex transactional work. He is notably skilled in cross-border and international matters.”
Julian is a highly rated global M&A partner and is the London managing partner.
Financial News partner of the year in 2015, his practice has a particular focus on cross-border M&A. He combines this transactional work with strategic advice to boards of publicly traded companies on capital raising, corporate governance and crisis and risk management.
Julian has a long-standing excellent reputation as a board adviser, reflecting his broad experience across a range of sectors and geographies. He is particularly valued by clients for his relationship skills, which are evident in his calming influence and reassuring manner.back to tab navigation
- AstraZeneca on its defence of Pfizer’s approaches.
- Aberdeen Asset Management on its merger with Standard Life.
- Novartis on its portfolio transformation including the asset swap with GSK (oncology, OTC and vaccines assets) and the sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly.
- BP in relation to the acquisition of BHP's shale oil and gas business and in relation to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Comcast on its offer for Sky.
- Rexam on the offer by Ball Corporation.
- Cancer Research UK on the consortium arrangements behind The Francis Crick Institute.
- RELX on the simplification of its DLC structure.
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001