About Philip Li
Philip is a Hong Kong-based M&A partner.
Over the years, he has led on many high-profile transactions for both financial investors and corporate clients.
He advised on both public and private transactions, including having advised:
- Boyu Capital on its takeover of Jinke Smart Services and its related case in front of the Hong Kong Takeovers Panel;
- NVC Lighting on the US$794m disposal of a majority stake in its China business to KKR;
- Permira on the acquisition of a 50% interest in the aquatic feed business of Grobest; and
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in HK-listed Car Inc.
He also advises financial sponsors on growth capital investments across various sectors.
Philip is a native Mandarin speaker and speaks fluent English and Shanghainese.
- Advised Boyu Capital on its takeover of Jinke Smart Services and its related case in front of the Hong Kong Takeovers Panel
- Advised Warburg Pincus on its investments in Gaush Meditech, InSilico Medicine, Hygeia Medical Service Group and Car Inc and on its exit from, Gaush Meditech, Hygeia and Car Inc.
- Advised Permira on its acquisition of Grobest and investment in Full Truck Alliance
- Advised Temasek, GIC, Mubadala, QIA, CPPIB and Khazanah Nasional Berhad on various direct investment and co investment deals in China
- Advised Fosun Fashion on its pre de-SPAC equity financing and its acquisition of Sergio Rossi
- Advised NVC Lighting on its disposal of China ligthing business to KKR
- Advised Pearson PLC on its sale of Global Education and Wall Street English
- Fudan University, LLB (Law)
- New York University School of Law, LLM (Law)
- Admitted to practise in New York (2006), England and Wales (2009) and Hong Kong (2015)
- Chinese national bar exam (2006)