Jenny Leahy, Associate
Jenny’s practice covers contentious and non-contentious EU and UK competition law matters with experience of engaging with the European Commission, the UK Competition and Markets Authority and other competition law enforcement agencies around the world.
She has particular experience of advising clients in the financial services sector. Highlights include advising on high profile merger control transactions, including public takeovers. Based in London, she has also spent time on secondment in our Washington DC office and chairs the Freshfields associate women’s network.
Jenny is fluent in Dutch and English.back to tab navigation
- Acting for London Stock Exchange Group on its recommended £21bn merger with Deutsche Börse.
- Advising M&G Asset Management in relation to the FCA’s asset management market study.
- Advising ChemChina on the global merger control and foreign investment aspects of its $1bn acquisition of industrial machinery maker KraussMaffei Group, the biggest-ever Chinese acquisition of a German company, and its $8bn public bid for Italian tyre giant Pirelli which required clearance in over 15 jurisdictions.
- Advising Betfair on its £5bn merger with Paddy Power.
- Assisting a major financial institution on the global investigations into alleged foreign exchange manipulation.
- King's College London (Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law)
- BBP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
- University College London (LL.M in EU Competition Law with postgraduate distinction)
- University of Maastricht (LL.B)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, Ireland
- Co-chair, Freshfields London Women's Network
- Editorial Board, Journal of Antitrust Enforcement (Oxford University Press)
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7427 3968
F +44 20 7108 3968 email@example.com