About Dr. Theresa Kreft
Theresa advises investment fund managers, asset managers, financial institutions, insurance companies and financial investors on German and European financial supervisory law with a particular focus on investment fund law.
Theresa has specific expertise in relation to the establishment and distribution of investment funds, including the asset allocation of insurance companies and sustainability reporting (SFDR) for investment funds. Another focus lies on ESG regulation of asset managers and other financial institutions, as well as the regulation of financial markets, in particular with respect to the distribution and trading of investment funds. In addition, she advises on M&A transactions and portfolio transactions relating to regulated financial companies, in particular asset managers, fund managers, fund platforms and insurance companies, and the related regulatory proceedings with the ECB and the German financial supervisory authority (BaFin).
Theresa worked in the legal department of an asset manager of a German insurance group, which provided her with particular knowledge in the field of private market funds as well as sustainability regulation in asset management.
She publishes regularly on financial regulatory matters.
Languages: German, English
- Advising Viridium Group GmbH & Co. KG on the structuring and establishment of a fund platform for private debt investments in numerous jurisdictions
- Advising Raisin DS GmbH (formerly Deposit Solutions GmbH) on the action for annulment against SRB regarding the 2020 and 2021 bank levies
- Advising Viridium Group GmbH & Co. KG on the acquisition of an extensive portfolio of traditional life insurance policies and assets under management of approximately EUR 21 billion from Zurich Group Germany
- Advising asset managers managing special funds of German insurance investors on investment and insurance regulatory issues
- Advising banks and investment fund managers on cross-border distribution requirements for UCITS and AIFs in Germany
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on regulatory due diligence in connection with the acquisition of AutoScout24 and Finanzcheck
- Advising a German real estate management company on the launch of a German real estate special fund
- First state exam at the University of Passau
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt including a stage at the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Research Assistant at the Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE (Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe) at Goethe University Frankfurt
- Research Visit at Oxford University, Faculty of Law
- PhD degree from Goethe University Frankfurt