“Her technical expertise and extreme client focus make her a very valuable and trusted adviser”
Deborah's practice covers private and public M&A, equity and debt capital markets, as well as corporate finance.
She assists Belgian and international corporate clients, private equity funds and financial institutions, both in cross-border and domestic transactions.
Deborah works across a variety of sectors, including highly regulated industries such as telecommunications, energy, financial services, infrastructure and agriculture.
She also has extensive experience advising issuers on corporate governance, market abuse and general corporate and financial law questions.
Deborah is fluent in Dutch, French, English and German.back to tab navigation
- Advising Telenet, the leading Belgian cable operator, on several major M&A projects, including (i) its €1.325bn acquisition of BASE, a mobile network operator, from KPN, including the financing thereof - the transaction included the sale of JIM Mobile, a branded reseller, as well as a 50 per cent shareholding in VikingCo, a light mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), to Medialaan and, later, the sale of Ortel Mobile, BASE’s 100 per cent MVNO subsidiary, to Lycamobile; (ii) its acquisition of the business of SFR in Belgium and Luxembourg from the Altice Group, for a consideration of €400m on a cash-free debt-free basis; and (iii) its acquisition of Nextel, a Belgian ICT integrator.
- Advising private equity and infrastructure funds on their investments in Belgium, including EQT on the acquisition of Desotec Group from AAC Capital, its founders and senior management, Carlyle on the acquisition of ADB Safegate, a global airport performance solutions provider, from PAI Partners; and APG on its proposed investment in Eandis.
- Advising UCB on various matters, including its joint venture in the neurology sector with a syndicate of Belgian and international investors composed of corporate and venture capital groups for the creation of Syndesi Therapeutics SA.
- Advising Greenyard Foods on its €757m business combination with FieldLink and Peatinvest constituting a global player in the sector and its listing on Euronext Brussels; the formation of a joint venture with Veiling Haspengouw, its recapitalisation and the subsequent sale of its stake in the joint venture; and the secondary sale of shares of Deprez Holding in Greenyard Foods.
- Advising Ecuphar, a Belgium-based animal health company focused on the development and sale of veterinary pharmaceutical products, on its acquisition by Animalcare Group plc, an AIM listed UK company (a reverse takeover that was awarded “AIM transaction of the year” in 2017).
- Advising Delta, a Dutch multi-utility provider, on the sale of its 74.99 per cent stake in Indaver, the Belgium-based parent company of a European waste-collection and waste-processing group, to Katoen Natie for a transaction value of €842m.
- Advising on many capital markets transactions, such as: the €5bn EMTN programme of Elia; the €125m convertible bond for Greenyard; the €175m rights issue and the €250m bond offering of Tessenderlo Chemie; the €100m bond issue of Vandemoortele; the €285m high-yield bond offering of Univeg; the €60m Belgian-law high-yield features secured notes issue by the Fruit Farm Group; the €74m rights issue of Recticel; the €530m high-yield senior secured notes of Telenet; and Etex on the placement of Schuldschein loans in an amount of €300m.
- Universities of Namur and Leuven, Belgium, and Heidelberg, Germany (law)
- New York University School of Law, US (LLM)
- Brussels and New York Bar
- Supervisory board of the Financial Services and Markets Authority in Belgium
- Lecturer in corporate law at the University of Leuven, Belgium
Place du Champ de Mars/Marsveldplein 5
T +32 2 504 7000
F +32 2 504 7200 email@example.com
Has extensive experience encompassing corporate finance, M&A and capital markets transactions. Clients say her ‘technical expertise and extreme client focus make her a very valuable and trusted adviser. She is proactive and very friendly'
Deborah comes highly recommended for corporate finance and debt capital markets. Commentators describe her as ‘practically minded and constructive'
She is very thorough and extremely persistent
- Market abuse
- Corporate and M&A
- Corporate governance
- Equity capital markets
- General corporate
- Joint ventures
- Listed companies
- Private equity and other financial investors
- Private M&A
- Financing and capital raising
- Debt capital markets
- IPO and other emissions
- Corporate rescue
- Corporate restructuring
- Global transactions
- Energy and natural resources
- Family owned businesses
- Financial institutions
- Financial investors
- Governments and public sector
- Infrastructure and transport
- Leisure and hotels
- Pharmaceuticals, medical products and healthcare
- Professional and business services
- Real estate
- Retail and consumer goods
- Technology, media and telecommunications