“Her technical expertise and extreme client focus make her a very valuable and trusted adviser”
Deborah's practice covers private and public M&A, equity and debt capital markets, as well as corporate finance.
She assists Belgian and international corporate clients, private equity funds and financial institutions, both in cross-border and domestic transactions.
Deborah works across a variety of sectors, including highly regulated industries such as telecommunications, energy, financial services, infrastructure and agriculture.
She also has extensive experience advising issuers on corporate governance, market abuse and general corporate and financial law questions.
Deborah is fluent in Dutch, French, English and German.back to tab navigation
- Advising Telenet, the leading Belgian cable operator, on its €1.325bn acquisition of BASE, Belgium’s third-largest mobile network operator, from KPN, including the financing thereof. The transaction included the sale of JIM Mobile, a branded reseller, as well as a 50 per cent shareholding in VikingCo, a light mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), to Medialaan and, later, the sale of Ortel Mobile, its 100 per cent MVNO subsidiary, to Lycamobile.
- Advising Delta, a Dutch multi-utility provider, on the sale of its 74.99 per cent stake in Indaver, the Belgium-based parent company of a European waste-collection and waste-processing group, to Katoen Natie for a transaction value of €842m.
- Advising Greenyard Foods on its €757m business combination with FieldLink and Peatinvest constituting a global player in the sector and its listing on Euronext Brussels; the formation of a joint venture with Veiling Haspengouw, its recapitalisation and the subsequent sale of its stake in the joint venture; and the secondary sale of shares of Deprez Holding in Greenyard Foods.
- Advising Telenet on the acquisition of the business of SFR in Belgium and Luxembourg from the Altice Group, for a consideration of €400m on a cash-free debt-free basis.
- Advising on many capital markets transactions, such as: the €175m rights issue and the €250m bond offering of Tessenderlo Chemie; the €100m bond issue of Vandemoortele; the €285m high-yield bond offering of Univeg; the €60m Belgian-law high-yield features secured notes issue by the Fruit Farm Group; the €74m rights issue of Recticel; and the €530m high-yield senior secured notes of Telenet.
back to tab navigation
- Universities of Namur and Leuven, Belgium, and Heidelberg, Germany (law)
- New York University School of Law, US (LLM)
- Brussels and New York Bar
- Supervisory board of the Financial Services and Markets Authority in Belgium
- Lecturer in corporate law at the University of Leuven, Belgium
Place du Champ de Mars/Marsveldplein 5
T +32 2 504 7000
F +32 2 504 7200 firstname.lastname@example.org
Has extensive experience encompassing corporate finance, M&A and capital markets transactions. Clients say her ‘technical expertise and extreme client focus make her a very valuable and trusted adviser. She is proactive and very friendly'
Deborah comes highly recommended for corporate finance and debt capital markets. Commentators describe her as ‘practically minded and constructive'
She is very thorough and extremely persistent
- Market abuse
- Corporate and M&A
- Corporate governance
- Equity capital markets
- General corporate
- Joint ventures
- Listed companies
- Private equity and other financial investors
- Private M&A
- Financing and capital raising
- Debt capital markets
- IPO and other emissions
- Corporate rescue
- Corporate restructuring
- Global transactions
- Energy and natural resources
- Family owned businesses
- Financial institutions
- Financial investors
- Governments and public sector
- Infrastructure and transport
- Leisure and hotels
- Pharmaceuticals, medical products and healthcare
- Professional and business services
- Real estate
- Retail and consumer goods
- Technology, media and telecommunications