“Lauren Honeyben is "calm and resourceful," "gives you a real sense of confidence and comfort," and her "early preparation is impressive," clients say”
Lauren is a specialist insurance counsel in our financial institutions sector group.
Lauren has varied sector experience but her particular focus is on the insurance sector. She concentrates on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organisations and other corporate advisory and transactional work for some of the largest insurers. Lauren also has extensive experience of working on reinsurance transactions, longevity swap arrangements and Part VII portfolio transfers, including in the life and general and run-off markets.
In the course of her career at Freshfields, Lauren has been seconded to the Financial Conduct Authority and the in-house legal team of a major global financial institution where her experience focused on pension scheme buy-outs.
Lauren speaks English and German.back to tab navigation
- Advising Equitable Life on its sale to Reliance Life.
- Advising the Hartford Financial Services Group on the restructuring of its UK legacy insurance businesses into a single run-off entity and the subsequent sale of that entity to Catalina.
- Advising Riverstone on various Part VII transfers.
- Advising Zurich Assurance Ltd on the disposal of its £1.2bn UK annuities portfolio to Rothesay Life and associated Part VII transfer.
- Advising a major European reinsurer on the collateralised reinsurance of a listed UK insurer’s £1.4bn book of employers’ liability and public liability policies in run-off.
- Advising Phoenix on the sale of Ignis Asset Management to Standard Life.
- Advising ING on the sale of ING Direct to Barclays Bank.
- Nottingham Law School, UK (legal practice course, 2002-03)
- Bristol University, UK (LLB joint honours in law and German, 1998–2002)
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001