About Lauren Honeyben
Lauren is a specialist insurance partner in our global transactions team.
Lauren has varied experience in advising financial institutions but her particular focus is on the insurance sector. She regularly advises on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organisations and other corporate advisory and transactional work for some of the largest insurers and reinsurers. Lauren also has extensive experience of working on complex Part VII portfolio transfers and reinsurance transactions, including in the life, general and run-off markets.
In the course of her career at Freshfields, Lauren has been seconded to the Financial Conduct Authority and the in-house legal team of a major global financial institution where her experience focused on pension scheme de-risking transactions.
Lauren speaks English and German.
- Advising RiverStone International on an innovative $305m multi-year excess of loss corporate member reinsurance cover, underwritten by an Aon White Rock cell company with financing led by J.P.Morgan
- Advising Sun Life Financial of Canada on the sale of its UK business to the Phoenix Group
- Advising Lloyd's of London on its landmark £650m insurance cover for the Central Fund
- Advising Hastings Group Holdings plc on its acquisition by Sampo and RMI
- Advising Equitable Life Assurance Society on its complex scheme of arrangement, Part VII transfer and sale to Utmost Life and Pensions
- Advising Lloyd's of London on its Brexit-related Part VII transfer and reinsurance arrangements.
- Advising ReAssure on its acquisitions of Quilter's UK Heritage business and Legal & General's mature savings business
- Advising the Hartford Financial Services Group on the restructuring of its UK legacy insurance businesses into a single run-off entity and the subsequent sale of that entity to Catalina
- Advising Zurich Assurance Ltd on various Part VII transfers including the disposal of a £1.2bn UK annuities portfolio to Rothesay Life
- Advising RiverStone on various Part VII transfers
- Advising Rothesay Life on various reinsurance arrangements
- Advising a major European reinsurer on the collateralised reinsurance of a listed UK insurer’s £1.4bn book of employers’ liability and public liability policies in run-off
- Nottingham Law School, UK (legal practice course, 2002-03)
- Bristol University, UK (LLB joint honours in Law and German, 1998–2002)