About Stephen Hewes
Stephen's practice covers public and private M&A (particularly cross border), joint ventures and minority investments, and corporate governance and general company law advice.
He often advises on the most complicated and challenging matters in jurisdictions around the world. He has broad sector knowledge and works closely with his clients, who value his experience, responsiveness and problem-solving drive.
Stephen spent two years as a partner on secondment to the UK Takeover Panel, where he was closely involved in takeover transactions and policy development.
He is a member of the company law committee of the Law Society in England and Wales, which monitors and comments on legal developments in UK company law on behalf of the legal profession.
- Advising Hewlett Packard Enterprise on the 'spin merger' of its software business segment into Micro Focus International.
- Advising SoftBank on its £24.4bn public bid for ARM Holdings, the first UK public takeover on which 'post-offer undertakings' have been given.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its proposed merger with Deutsche Börse.
- Advising Carlson on the disposal of its hotels business, including its stake in Rezidor, to HNA Tourism (part of the HNA Group).
- Advising Eurotunnel on its acquisition of the remaining 51 per cent of ElecLink.