Tony works on a range of transactional, advisory, and contentious intellectual property, commercial, and data protection matters.
He regularly advises on the intellectual property and separation aspects of international M&A transactions, as well as standalone commercial and intellectual property licensing agreements. He also advises on data protection compliance, and trade mark and patent disputes and risk management.
He has been seconded to clients in the consumer electronics and financial services sectors.back to tab navigation
- Advising AB InBev on the IP and separation aspects of its £78.4bn merger with SABMiller, for which the Freshfields IP team won Managing IP’s Firm of the Year 2017 (IP Transactional – Europe). Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Coty on its strategic long term exclusive licence of the Burberry brand for fragrances and make-up, winner of 'Deal of the Year' at the Luxury Law Summit 2017.
- Advising Novartis on the intellectual property and separation aspects of its strategic transactions with GSK, including the acquisition of oncology assets and the formation of a consumer healthcare joint venture, and the sale of Novartis’ animal health division to Eli Lilly.
- Advising CVC on the intellectual property aspects of its acquisition of SkyBet from Sky.
- Advising Rolls-Royce on the intellectual property aspects of the disposal of its aero-derivative gas turbine business to Siemens.
- Advising a leading consumer products manufacturer on its long-term supply agreements.
- Acting for an international electronics company in pan-European litigation relating to consumer electronics.
- University of Oxford, UK (Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course)
- University of Oxford, UK (BA in Law (Jurisprudence), first class)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001