Alon advises institutional investors and corporate clients on cross-border corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings.
He advises clients across a broad range of sectors and has particular experience advising on energy and infrastructure transactions.
During his time at Freshfields, Alon has been seconded to Citigroup’s investment banking team.
Alon is conversant in Hebrew and a member of the firm’s Israel group.back to tab navigation
- Advising Neptune Energy (together with its sponsors, The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners) on its $3.9bn binding offer to acquire global upstream oil and gas business ENGIE E&P Petroleum International from France’s ENGIE group.
- Advising Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and PSP Investments on their acquisition from Banco Santander of interests in Cubico Sustainable Investments, an international portfolio of renewable energy and water infrastructure assets valued at over $2bn, and their subsequent pro rata acquisitions of Santander’s stake.
- Advising Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on its acquisition of a 50 per cent stake in Bristol Airport from Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund.
- Advising MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company on its $1.9bn sale of a 35 per cent stake in Terminal Investment Limited to Global Infrastructure Partners.
- Advising Israeli oil and gas exploration and production company Delek Energy on the proposed $2.5bn farm-out of a 25 per cent interest in the Leviathan natural gas field off the northern coast of Israel to Woodside Petroleum.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on its £1.1bn acquisition of global energy consultancy group Wood Mackenzie from Charterhouse Capital Partners and management and its subsequent $2.8bn sale to Verisk Analytics.
- Advising Liberty Global on its £481m acquisition of a 6.4 per cent stake in ITV from BSkyB.
- Advising Liberty Global and Discovery Communications on their joint £550m acquisition of All3Media, one of the UK’s largest independent TV production companies, from Permira and the company’s founders and managers.
- University of Birmingham, UK (honours degree in law, first class)
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course, distinction)
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7427 3960
F +44 20 7832 7001