About Morag Elwis
Morag is a senior associate in our antitrust, competition and trade group based in Silicon Valley and advises clients on complex multi-national transactions, digital regulation and other competition matters.
Morag’s practice covers all aspects of US, EU, and UK competition law including merger control, foreign investment regulations, antitrust compliance counselling and behavioural investigations, including ESG-related behavioural investigations. She has also represented clients in complex digital regulation and consumer law matters.
Morag has experience advising clients in various industry sectors, particularly technology, financial services, pharmaceuticals and life sciences and consumer goods.
Morag is dual qualified in California and England and Wales and has also spent time in our London and Berlin offices.
She speaks English and French.
- A global technology company on the EU Digital Markets Act
- AstraZeneca on its successful $39bn acquisition of Alexion, securing unconditional clearance in more than 20 antitrust and foreign direct investment jurisdictions, including the US, EU and UK
- A global antivirus software company on the UK CMA’s consumer law investigation into its subscription contracts
- Sonoco Products Company on its $330 million in cash acquisition of the remaining equity interest in its joint venture with the WestRock Company, RTS Packaging, and one paper mill in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- CK Hutchison on the EC’s investigation into its proposed acquisition of Telefonica UK and its subsequent successful appeal of the EC’s decision to the General Court of the European Union
- A global financial institution on US, EU and UK antitrust considerations related to its Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance strategy
- Numerous multinationals on UK CMA and UK Financial Conduct Authority market studies and investigations
- Nets A/S on the EC’s conditional clearance of Mastercard’s acquisition of Nets’ account to account payment business
- Cinven on its successful acquisition of MBCC’s Admixtures business
- Experian plc on the CMA's Phase 2 investigation into its proposed acquisition of ClearScore and on Experian’s acquisition of Tapad
- Hasbro Inc. on the global merger control aspects of its $4bn acquisition of eOne
- Hellman & Friedman on the European merger control and foreign investment aspects of its acquisition of German payments company Concardis
- bp on the global merger control and competition aspects of its $2.4bn petroleum retail network joint venture with Reliance
- JAB on the global merger control aspects, including obtaining phase I EU merger clearance, of its acquisition of leading ready-to-eat food chain Pret A Manger, and the subsequent acquisition of UK food and drink retailer EAT
- The UN-convened Net-Zero Asset Owners Alliance on antitrust and competition law aspects of ESG initiatives (Pro bono)
- New York University, New York, NY (LLM in Competition, Innovation and Information Law, research assistant to Professor Harry First, Dean’s Award scholar)
- BPP Law School, London, UK (Postgraduate Diploma in Law, with merit, and Legal Practice Course, with distinction)
- St Hugh’s College, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK (Modern Languages MA, First Class Honours with Distinction)
- Admitted to practice in California
- Solicitor, England & Wales