“A Next Generation Partner”
Michele’s practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control and foreign investment, cartels, abuse of dominance, state aid and regulated industries.
She has particular experience of advising clients in the regulated sectors, including energy and utilities, water and telecoms, and in the media and digital sectors. Based in London, she has also spent time on secondment in our Beijing, Brussels and Washington DC offices.
Michele is recommended for EU and Competition law in the 2020 edition of the UK Legal 500, where she is named as a “Next Generation Partner.” She is also recognised as a Future Leader in Competition Law in Who's Who Legal: Competition 2020; as a leading Foreign Investment Lawyer in Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2020; and as one of the 40 Notable Women Competition Professionals in Europe in Private Practice by Women AT’s 40 in their 40s publication.back to tab navigation
- Advising Verizon on the global antitrust and foreign investment aspects of the $5bn sale of Verizon Media to funds managed by Apollo Global Management, Inc.
- Advising Allied Universal on the UK foreign investment aspects of its £3.8bn public bid for G4S plc.
- Advising Nets A/S on the European Commission’s conditional clearance of Mastercard’s acquisition of Nets’ account to account payment business.
- Advising CK Hutchison on the European Commission’s investigation into its proposed acquisition of Telefonica UK and its subsequent successful appeal of the European Commission’s decision to the General Court of the European Union.
- Advising Berry Global on the global merger control and competition aspects of its £5.1bn public bid for RPC Group.
- Advising Comcast Corporation on the global merger control and public interest aspects of its £30bn public bid for Sky plc, including achieving unconditional Phase 1 clearance from the European Commission for the transaction, and the global merger control and public interest aspects of its $66bn bid for the global assets of 21st Century Fox. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Experian plc on the CMA's Phase 2 investigation into its proposed acquisition of ClearScore.
- Advising CVC on the merger control and competition aspects of its equity investment in Premiership Rugby.
- Advising CVC and Formula 1 Group on the merger control and competition aspects of the sale of Formula 1 Group to Liberty Media.
- Advising the UK Government on the State aid, competition and regulatory aspects of Royal Mail’s privatisation including obtaining European Commission approval for the UK Government’s assumption of certain liabilities of Royal Mail’s pension scheme and its refinancing of the Royal Mail balance sheet.
- Advising a number of utility clients in relation to appeals of price control determinations to the CMA and regulatory/competition investigations.
- Advising a number of global financial institutions and private equity clients on the merger control, competition and regulatory aspects of various acquisitions in the UK regulated sectors.
back to tab navigation
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, UK (Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, distinction)
- Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, US (Frank Knox Fellow)
- Harvard Law School, US (LLM, Frank Knox Fellow)
- Queen’s University Belfast, UK (LLB (Hons) in Law and Accounting, First Class Honours)
Solicitor, England and Wales
back to tab navigation
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001