James is counsel in our energy, transportation and infrastructure team and a member of our global transactions group. James works between our London and Abu Dhabi offices.
He has extensive experience in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors, as well as experience in general finance and restructuring work.
James has worked with public sector and private sector (for both lender and sponsor) clients on a variety of mandates in oil and gas, power (including renewables), road and rail on project financings, M&A and restructurings.
During his time at Freshfields, James has spent time on secondment at ExxonMobil and ADNOC.back to tab navigation
- the lenders on the restructurings of the EUR1.1bn Etlik and EUR800m Izmir and Kocaeli Turkish hospital PPPs
- the lenders on the bridge and project financing of the EUR500m Malta LNG to power project
- SSE on its GBP1bn sale of waste-to-energy assets to First Sentier
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd on its investment in the Arctic LNG 2 project and associated infrastructure
- Amey on their exit from the Birmingham roads PFI
- Arclight Capital Partners on their purchase, management and subsequent sale of the SIRGES and FUKA midstream assets
- the Official Receiver in relation to the liquidation of Carillion
- Urenco in relation to the construction of chemicals processing facilities
- Arclight Capital Partners on their sale of a 786MW natural gas-fired combined cycle plant in Spain
- Ratio Oil Exploration on the financing and refinancing of its stake in the Leviathan gas field
- various sponsors on Saudi solar IPP project bids
- the sponsors (Macquarie, Cintra and Porr) on the D4R7 Slovakian road PPP
- IGas Energy on its capital restructuring
- Advising the lenders to Eurostar on the 2021 refinancing.
- New York University School of Law, United States (LLM)
- Oxford University, UK (MA in jurisprudence, first class honours)
Vermont Journal of Environmental Law Linking a U.S. Greenhouse Gas Cap-and-trade System to the EU ETS