“Recognized for anticorruption investigations and compliance”
Much of Daniel’s work involves representing domestic and multinational clients during criminal and civil investigations at both the federal and state levels, as well as assisting clients with their own internal inquiries.
Daniel is highly experienced on matters involving compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other anticorruption laws, compliance with economic sanctions laws and claims involving allegations of securities fraud, unfair trade practices, consumer fraud and product liability.
He also advises on claims made under the False Claims Act and federal antikickback law.
Additionally, Daniel has advised clients on developing compliance and training programs, and conducting due diligence processes in corporate transactions.
- Defending a multinational company in an investigation conducted by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) into relationships with officials in countries in Asia, Latin America, Europe and Africa.
- Conducting global antibribery and corruption due diligence and compliance program reviews for clients around the world.
- Conducting pre-acquisition due diligence for a global pharmaceutical company and assessing corruption risks associated with a multibillion-dollar asset swap, including advising on key transaction terms, compliance representations and warranties and related indemnities.
- Representing multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies in investigations conducted by the DOJ, the SEC and the state attorneys general regarding relationships with healthcare professionals, and the marketing, promotion and safety of various products.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies regarding claims made under the False Claims Act, involving allegations of off-label promotion of prescription medications, improper relationships with healthcare professionals, and failure to disclose clinical trial data.
- JD, New York University School of Law; notes editor of the New York University Law Review
- AB, magna cum laude, Harvard University
- Admitted to practice in New York and Washington, DC, and before the United States District Courts for the Southern District and Eastern District of New York as well as the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 277 4019
F +1 646 521 5619 firstname.lastname@example.org