“Rising Star for Restructuring and Insolvency”
Samantha is counsel in our Restructuring and Insolvency team. She counsels clients on various financial restructuring matters. Samantha's experience includes both in-court and out-of-court representation of agents, banks, funds, borrowers and potential purchasers of distressed debt and assets. Much of her experience entails multi-jurisdictional complexities.
back to tab navigation
Her recent experience includes advising:
- JP Morgan as administrative agent, letter of credit issuer and lender under a $930 million revolving and term credit agreement extended to Peabody Energy Corporation. The matter involved a restructuring with Revolving and Term lenders under the JPM Facility and two note issuances maturing in 2022 and 2025, respectively.
- Bank of America as lead underwriter in a 144a offering of $300 million of senior secured notes issued by Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc.
- A leading financial institution as administrative agent in the restructuring of a $2.1 bn revolving and term loan facility extended to a U.S. based sales and marketing company owned by a leading global private equity sponsor, including the development of a financing structure to increase liquidity through a receivables facility.
- Bank of America, as agent, and a lender steering committee of Babcock & Wilcox, a global power and renewable energy company in a series of restructurings transactions of a $650m revolving credit facility.
- Capital One, National Association, in connection with the restructuring of a $350mm revolving credit facility extended to StoneMor, LLP, a publicly traded MLP and leading death care provider operating in 50 states. The matter included the negotiation of a complex intercreditor agreement with a junior creditor and the restructuring of the credit facility over a series of amendments.
- Expro Holdings UK 3 Limited, a leading oil and gas well management group in connection with restructuring its $1.4billion of obligations, which resulted in a Chapter 11 restructuring. The pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case lasted only 50 days. Freshfields, among other things, negotiated a $155m debtor-in-possession financing package, and also guided the company through the process of negotiating the most efficient corporate structure for the post-bankruptcy entities.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania; comment editor of University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law
- BA, distinction in all subjects, Cornell University
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York
- Co-Chair of the Junior Board of the Honorable Tina Brozman Foundation
- Advisory Board member of GlamourGals Foundation
New York601 Lexington Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10022
T +1 212 277-4024
F +1 212 277 4001