About Tanguy Bardet
Tanguy is a counsel in our global transactions group in Paris. He joined Freshfields' public law group in 2016.
He has an extensive experience in public law projects, with a particular emphasis on energy and major infrastructure projects through public contracts (notably concessions and public private partnerships). He also works on regulatory and litigation matters notably in the renewable energies, telecommunication and transportation sectors and regarding foreign investment control.
He is regularly involved on prelitigation and litigation matters before French courts or public authorities.
He is a lecturer in public law at Sciences Po.
Tanguy is fluent in English and French.
- Advising Française des Jeux on the state aid procedure initiated by the European Commission in relation to its privatization;
- Advising Française des Jeux in relation to its privatization through an IPO;
- Advising Agence des Participations de l’Etat (APE) on the creation of a golden share in Eramet;
- Advising RWE on the tender launched by the French State to develop offshore wind projects in France;
- Advising RWE on the acquisition of Nordex;
- Advising EDF on its acquisition of part of GE Steam Power’s Nuclear Activities;
- Representing Volvo/Renault Trucks on the co-ordination in France of follow-on damages public law litigations arising from the European Commission’s decision relating to the trucks industry;
- Advising CDPQ on the acquisition of Ermewa;
- Advising Antin Infrastructures in relation to the acquisition of Babilou;
- Advising Antin Infrastructures in relation to the acquisition of Idex; and
- Advising Compagnie Electrique de Bretagne in relation to the development of the Landivisiau gas-fired power plant.
- HEC Paris, France
- University of Paris Sorbonne, France (masters degree in public law)
- Admitted to the Paris Bar (2011)
- Lecturer at Sciences-Po, Paris, France