Webinar on Resolving Financial Disputes Through Arbitration
The decision in Portigon AG v Spain has made it possible for project finance lenders to rely on investment treaty protections. Brexit will create a dilemma for the enforceability of English court judgments in the European Union. These and other recent legal developments have special relevance for banks and financial institutions.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer invites you to join us on Friday, 2 October 2020 between 10.00 CEST and 11.30 CEST to discuss developments in finance arbitration in our webinar 'Resolving finance disputes through arbitration'.
The webinar will be moderated by Dr. Friedrich Jergitsch, Partner, and will include presentations by Anouschka Zagorski and Amanda Neil, from our Vienna office.
Our high-profile guest speakers include
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Christian Koller, University of Vienna;
- Dr. Alice Fremuth-Wolf, LL.M., Secretary General, Vienna International Arbitral Centre; and
- Dr. Christian Büchelhofer, Senior Director, Alvarez & Marsal Deutschland GmbH, Munich.
We will conclude the webinar with insights from a CEE panel followed by a Q&A session. Joining us on the panel are
- Robert Němec, LL.M., Partner, PRK Partners, Prague;
- Đorđe Novčić, LL.B., Partner, JPM, Belgrade; and
- Dr. Péter Horvai-Hillenbrand, Partner, Oppenheim, Budapest.
This webinar is by invitation only and access to the virtual meeting room is granted only to registered participants. Login details and a detailed agenda will be distributed closer to the event.