Norbert brings more than 20 years’ tax experience to complex, cross-border tax matters.
He is renowned for his advice on the structuring and financing of M&A transactions. He has also an impressive track record in tax-optimised corporate restructurings, where he is able to combine his cutting-edge tax advice with corporate law and accounting implications into seamless advice for the client. He is a sought-after adviser for a wide range of clients that include German and foreign multinationals and also private equity investors.
Norbert’s wide-ranging knowledge, and his track record in his main fields, forms the basis for a highly recognized market standing with a broad range of listings in Who’s Who Corporate Tax Germany and Global, Chambers, JUVE, Handelsblatt Best Lawyers and Legal 500 EMEA. He has a broad network of close contacts within the German tax administration, which often makes the difference to come to an efficient solution for complex problems.
Before joining the firm, he worked as a tax inspector. He is the author of numerous publications on tax law, with recent works including writing on group taxation and tax-efficient restructurings. He is a frequent speaker on tax-related issues at the university in Düsseldorf as well as on seminars.
“Norbert Schneider is a star.”
Who's Who Legal
Client quote: “excellent expertise combined with negotiation skills”.
- Deutsche Lufthansa on the carve-out of its Miles & More bonus mile program
- Metro on the sale of Metro Cash & Carry to BJC
- HOCHTIEF AG on the exit from its airpüort business, i.a. through a sale of HOCHTIEF Airport GmbH to the Canadian pension funds PSP as well as a swap of its shares in Sydney airport against listed shares and their on-sale to PSP
- TenneT on the tax-optimised carve-out of complex grid connections to offshore windfarms and the following establishment of a joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation
- Thyssen Krupp on the sale of Blohm & Voss to STAR Capital
- Porsche family on, inter alia, the establishment of an integrated automotiove group between Porsche and Volkswagen AG, the € 5bn capital increase of Porsche Automobil Holding SE as well as various German restructurings
Career to date
Norbert joined the firm in 2001 from the University of Bochum, where he was a lecturer. He became a partner in 2007.
Qualifications and education
Rechtsanwalt, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Law, University of Cologne
Doctor of Law, University of Bochum