Patricia Snell, Associate Disputes, litigation and arbitration
Patricia is an associate in our international arbitration and dispute resolution practice.
Patricia focuses her practice on international commercial disputes, investor-state arbitration and construction disputes. She has advised and represented clients from a range of sectors in proceedings under many of the major institutional rules, including DIFC-LCIA, LCIA, DIAC, UNCITRAL and ICSID. Patricia trained as an intern with the Dubai office and as a Juriste with the Paris office. Prior to joining Freshfields, she trained with a leading disputes firm in Toronto, Canada specialising in civil and commercial litigation.
Patricia is admitted as a barrister and solicitor in Ontario, Canada as well as an Attorney in New York. Patricia is also registered as a Foreign Practitioner in Dubai.
She speaks English and French.back to tab navigation
- Representing a major US-headquartered global energy company in an UNCITRAL arbitration seated in Perth, Western Australia, in relation to claims arising out of the construction of a USD multi-billion offshore LNG project.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern transportation and logistics company on a DIFC-LCIA contractual dispute.
- Representing a Caribbean entity on a DIFC-LCIA arbitration in relation to a commercial interest in the UAE food and retail sector.
- Acting for an African state in ICSID arbitration proceedings brought by an investor in relation to a geothermal project.
- Advising a major oil and gas entity in an ICSID arbitration against a CIS government.
- Advising a European energy corporate entity on potential liability following the failure of a major infrastructure project in Asia.
University of Toronto, LLM
University of Cambridge, MA (Hon) in Law
Solicitor & Barrister, Ontario (Canada)
Attorney, New York
Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
IBAback to tab navigation
DubaiAl Fattan Currency Tower 2,
20th floor, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
T +971 4 5099 100
F +971 4 5099 111 email@example.com