About Erin Miller Rankin
Erin is a global partner who advises on legal strategy and managing risks on major projects.
She leads a team of specialist practitioners that work across the world supporting our clients on their major capital projects, with a particular focus on emerging markets. Erin is described by Chambers Global as 'an absolute powerhouse in the construction disputes sphere, with exceptional technical skills and a work ethic which is second to none'.
She has specific expertise of complex international arbitrations in the oil and gas, power, mining and transportation sectors.
Erin is co-chair of the project execution subcommittee for the International Bar Association. Erin is admitted as an associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and sits as an arbitrator on projects-related disputes.
- Advising a US-headquartered global energy corporation in a Western Australia-seated arbitration under UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules concerning the construction of one of the world’s largest natural gas projects.
- Advising a US-headquartered global energy corporation on a potential dispute involving the construction of one of the largest liquefied natural gas projects in Australia.
- Advising a Japanese multinational engineering, electrical equipment, and electronics company on its EPC contract in connection with the construction of an ammonia and urea plant in Algeria and related potential ICC arbitration.
- Advising a multinational contractor in multiple disputes with a state-owned enterprise regarding landmark projects in MENA.
- Advising a global energy client regarding a major hydropower project in South East Asia.
- Advising an oil and gas company in a Stockholm-seated UNCITRAL arbitration relating to the construction of a refinery in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a US-based global energy corporation and a US-based global petroleum and natural gas exploration company on an arbitration arising out of the construction of a floating oil production system in Malaysia.
- Advising a multinational corporation on a Singapore-seated ICC arbitration regarding a rapid-transit transport project.
- Advising an international consortium on its successful tender and final contract award for the construction of the Riyadh Metro.
- Advising an international Japanese contractor on its tender submission for a metro project.
- Advising a joint venture of international EPC contractors in relation to a bid submission for the construction, operation and maintenance of an liquefied natural gas import terminal and regasification facility.
- Advising a Dubai government entity responsible for the implementation of core infrastructure necessary to deliver an international showcase event to be hosted in Dubai on a design and programme management service agreement.
- Advising a European joint venture holding a concession for the development of hydropower plants in Albania, including on the drafting and negotiation of the engineering and design consultancy agreements, the EPC electro-mechanical works contract, the civil works contract, the transmission lines contract and the EPC hydraulic steel works contract.
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor in Canada (2004)