Financial Services Webinar: COVID-19 and banks – regulatory challenges for the weeks aheadThe COVID-19 pandemic is a severe public health emergency that impacts all sectors of the economy and society significantly. As a result of the evolving situation, the financial services sector also faces particular challenges when mitigating the negative effects as far as practicable.
In this webinar, we will address the responses to the pandemic given by European institutions and national governments and authorities so far aimed at providing guidance and relief to the financial services sector specifically. The guidance addresses various aspects concerning contingency planning, prudential requirements, state aid and recovery and resolution.
In addition, we will highlight further key considerations for banks with a view to assisting you in navigating the current environment.
Speakers include colleagues from a range of our regulatory and competition practices and offices:
- Janina Heinz (Counsel, Financial Services Regulatory, Frankfurt am Main)
- Elisabeth Øverland (Counsel, Financial Services Regulatory, London)
- Andreas von Bonin (Partner, Competition, Brussels)
- Marc Perrone (Partner, Financial Services Regulatory, Paris)
- Cyrus Pocha (Partner, Financial Services Regulatory, London)
- Brian Rance (Partner, Financing and capital markets, New York)
- Markus Benzing (Partner, Financial Services Regulatory, Frankfurt am Main)