Freshfields delivers strong performance as it invests for the futureFreshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (‘Freshfields’) has delivered strong growth in revenue, net income and profit per equity partner, for the financial year ending 30 April 2019, as it makes further investments for the future.
• Revenue is up by 5% (£70m) to £1.472bn
• Net profit is up by 1% (£5m) to £688m
• Profit per equity partner has increased by 6% (£96k) to £1.839m
Some performance highlights for the 2018/19 financial year include:
• Stepping up investment in our programme of digital transformation, with the launch of our Freshfields Lab in Berlin and the Freshfields Hub in Manchester, Berlin and Hong Kong
• Expansion of our US business, boosted by high profile mandates and new partners
• More cross-border work than ever, driven by our market-leading practices and international expertise and experience
• Ongoing growth in our private equity business driven by our sector expertise, the depth and strength of our teams and our skills on complex deals
• Building on client interest and our track record in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), by investing in resources to help clients deal with sustainability challenges and opportunities; appointment of a new global partner for client sustainability
Stephan Eilers, Managing Partner, commented: “This year we have been privileged to advise on some of our clients’ most important matters. As we deliver our best ever results, we can continue to invest significantly in the future of the firm. After a strong fourth quarter, the new financial year has started well and we remain confident in our prospects and our strategy. It will allow us to continue to deliver the best possible outcomes for our incredible clients.”
Notes to editors
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on ground-breaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800 plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multi-national expertise and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.