Freshfields wins recognition in Hong Kong and mainland China
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer ('Freshfields') has been recognised for its work in a series of prestigious industry awards in Hong Kong and mainland China.
The firm advised Hutchison Telecommunications on the sale of its fixed-line telecommunications business Hutchison Global Communications to a unit of global private equity fund I Squared Capital for US$1.86bn. The deal was named 'Hong Kong Deal of the Year' in the FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2017 at the end of last year.
More recently, five deals on which the firm advised were included in China Business Law Journal's 'Deals of the Year 2017'. These were:
- Advising Cheung Kong Property Holdings Ltd. on the sale of 'Century Link', an upscale commercial property development in Shanghai, to ARA Asset Management;
- Advising China Unicom (Hong Kong) on the issue of new shares to its parent company, China Unicom (BVI) Ltd., in the first transaction under China's mixed ownership reform of state-owned enterprises;
- Acting as Hong Kong counsel to Qingdao Port International on its US$840m sale of PRC domestic shares to COSCO SHIPPING Ports Ltd.;
- Advising BOCOM International Holdings on its US$230m spin-off and separate listing from Bank of Communications on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange; and
- Advising Sisram Medical on its Hong Kong IPO in a deal that marked the first-ever listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by an Israel-incorporated company.
Notes for editors
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on ground-breaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800 plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multi-national expertise and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.