About Xiao Zhang
Xiao advises German and international financial institutions on various aspects of financial regulatory law. She is specialized on the topics of own funds requirements, prudential consolidation and compliance with anti-financial crime regulations.
Xiao is an expert on financial sanctions and has been advising numerous financial institutions on sanctions matters since 2017.
She is fluent in German, English and Mandarin.
- Advising various international banks regarding administrative fine procedures.
- Advising various German banks regarding sanctions cases in connection with Russia, Iran and North Korea sanctions.
- Assisting a payment institution as an interim MLRO.
- Advising various German and international banks on own funds matters.
- Advising an internal bank on foreign trade compliance regarding payment reportings.
- Admitted to the German bar (Rechtsanwältin)
- Former member of the German Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes)