About Tamara Young
Tamara advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and corporate restructurings, as well as general corporate and listed company matters. She specialises in UK public M&A and is currently on secondment to the UK Takeover Panel.
Tamara acts for corporate, private equity and investment banking clients across a range of sectors. In 2018, she was seconded to Goldman Sachs, advising its EMEA Merchant Banking Division.
Tamara is currently on a two-year secondment to the UK Takeover Panel, where she acts as a senior regulator for transactions governed by the City Code.
In 2019, Tamara was featured in Legal Week's "40 under 40: The Rising Stars in Private Equity".
- Advising UDG Healthcare on the recommended £2.7 billion cash offer by Clayton, Dubilier and Rice.
- Advising Allied Universal on its recommended £3.8 billion cash offer for G4S.
- Advising AA plc on the recommended £219 million cash offer by TowerBrook Capital Partners and Warburg Pincus.
- Advising Hastings Group on the recommended £1.7 billion cash offer by a consortium comprising Sampo plc and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings Limited.
- Advising a consortium comprising APG Asset Management N.V., the National Pension Service of the Republic of Korea and Swiss Life Asset Managers on the acquisition of a majority interest in Brisa, the European toll road concessionaire.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on its acquisition of a minority equity stake in Action, Europe’s leading non-food discount retailer.
- Advising Nets, majority owned by Hellman & Friedman, on its €2.85bn disposal of the majority of its Corporate Services businesses.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its $1,365m acquisition of Ontic, a leading provider of OEM-licensed parts for legacy aerospace platforms.
- Advising Allfunds Bank, a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman and GIC, on its agreement to acquire Credit Suisse’s open architecture investment fund activities, Credit Suisse InvestLab.
- Advising RELX Group on the simplification of its corporate structure into a single parent company through a cross-border merger.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its €1.75bn acquisition of TMF Group.
- Advising Montagu on its take-private of London listed Servelec Group.
- Advising Henderson Group on its recommended all-share cross-border merger with Janus Capital to form Janus Henderson Investors.
- Advising BG Group on the £47bn recommended cash and share offer by Royal Dutch Shell.
- Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge, UK (Law)
- Solicitor, England and Wales