TokyoAkasaka Biz Tower 36F 5-3-1 Akasaka Minato-Ku
Tokyo 107-6336 Japan
T +81 3 3584 8500
F +81 3 3584 8501
Toshiki Yashima is an associate in our Corporate and M&A team at Tokyo office. His practice areas cover M&A and general corporate matters.
Before joining Freshfields, he had worked as an in-house counsel at a Japanese company. He also has experience in practicing at one of major Japanese law firms.back to tab navigation
- Merrill Lynch Japan Securities Co., Ltd. (current BofA Securities Japan Co., Ltd.) as the exclusive financial advisor to the Special Committee set up at LINE in connection with the business integration between SoftBank Corp., NAVER Corporation, Z Holdings Corporation (operator of Yahoo! JAPAN, and a TSE listed company) and LINE Corporation (a TSE listed company), involving a Japanese public tender offer.
- Knorr-Bremse on its acquisition of Hitachi's integral power steering business for commercial vehicles in Japan and Thailand, including factories in Japan and Thailand.
- Seiyo Food - Compass Group, Inc., a Japanese entity of Compass Group based in UK, on its sale of restaurants/cafes/ shops at various highway service stations.
- ABB, the Swiss-based multinational power and automation company, on the sale of a majority stake in its power grids division to Hitachi, Ltd. The sale values the division at $11 billion and ABB will retain a 19.9% stake.
- Continental AG on the carve out of their power grid business with the structuring of the reorganisation of their target business in Japan.
- Waseda University (Bachelor of Law)
- Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association
- Admitted to practice as a Japanese bengoshi